Welcome!

Dale Street School was lucky enough to receive 50 Pro-Bots from a generous MCPE grant. We will be using this blogger forum to document our Pilot program integrating the Pro-Bots. It is our hope that our colleagues and the community can benefit from our trials and insights.

Special thank you to the Medfield Coalition for Public Education for making this possible!

Sunday, January 10, 2016

How did we get here?





As my new friend Bill hand delivered 50 Pro-Bots to Dale Street School, I knew we were in for some fun!

A few months earlier I had encountered the Pro-Bot and the Bee-Bot at the MassCUE Technology Conference. Amongst many other devices and robots the Pro-Bot stuck out to me personally because it runs independent of another device or app. I have tried integrating other robots into my classroom but always run into the same road block - We don't have the devices to run them! The Pro-Bot presented as the perfect solution to this problem. Additionally, the Pro-Bot runs on directional commands, distance commands, and degree turn commands - all of which lend themselves perfectly into the fourth and fifth grade curriculum!

Upon my return from the conference and with the support of Mr. Grenham I wrote a grant to the MCPE for these Pro-Bots at Dale Street School. The MCPE was supportive from the start and eventually voted to pass my grant proposal. With the generous funds from our amazing Medfield Coalition for Public Education, support from Mr. Grenham, the lovely Mrs. Cowell agreeing to co-pilot with me, and the help of our fabulous secretary, Martha Moon, the order was in and we were ready to program! 

No comments:

Post a Comment